Senior Digital Designer
Kind are a strategic digital agency that helps socially-minded businesses to get the most out of their digital presence, and hopefully make the world a little better at the same time.
We're on the look out for a Senior Digital Designer to join us in building beautiful websites and web applications.
Closing date: 30th August 2019
(Part-time and remote options available for the right candidate).
About the role
What you'll be doing
You’ll be working on a variety of digital projects for our growing, socially-responsible client base, as well as on internal projects.
- Working closely with our development team to create beautiful, considered user experiences that work across devices
- Producing wireframes based on information collected during the discovery stages of a project
- Creating moodboards, styletiles and high fidelity mobile-first designs.
- Devising and maintaining design systems for our clients to use on all of their online properties
- Making sure we stick to performance, accessibility and design quality standards and processes
- Keeping your eyes and ears open for ways we can refine those same standards and processes
- Taking part in regular design reviews with your peers
- Participating in daily “stand-up” production meetings and monthly company strategic reviews
We're looking for someone self-sufficient who takes pride in their work and is always keen to improve it.
You will be great at:
- Ensuring that your designs are meeting user needs at all phases of the project
- Working mobile-first from wireframes to hi-fidelity layouts
- Thinking about how something should work before considering how it should look
- Creating detailed and maintainable design systems for large and complex organisations
- Designing beautiful, usable and extendible user interfaces
- Understanding design considerations for WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards
- Presenting and articulating design rationale both to clients and the Kind team
- Working in unison with other team members to find the best solution to design challenges
It would be great if you also:
- Work with our clients to plan and implement solutions that move them towards their strategic goals
- Help to conduct user research and testing
- Have experience of motion design
- Have experience of identity design and branding
We’re a small team, so we’re also looking for someone who is willing and able to muck in with other stuff when required.
What we offer
We treat our employees like the skilled grown-ups that they are. Here’s what we offer in return for your time and attention.
- A fair and decent salary based on your level of experience
- Sensible, flexible, family-friendly working hours, including opportunities for home working
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Pension scheme
- A relaxed & supportive working environment based on trust and mutual respect
- Rewarding, challenging work for socially-responsible clients that value our contributions
- Centrally located Nottingham office / ability to work remotely
- Transparency about the state of our business. Nobody likes secrets.
- A professional development plan, including:
- Your own conference and professional development budget
- 10% time (one day a fortnight) to spend on your professional development
- Regular reviews
- We’ll take you out for lunch occasionally
- We all go out for drinks (soft or hard) quite regularly too
While this is a full-time, permanent role, based in our central Nottingham office, we are open to reduced hours, remote or part-remote working for the right candidate, providing you have the legal right to work in the UK.
You may still need to be able to travel occasionally to our Nottingham office and to our UK-based clients.
If you have any special requirements with travel, we will work with you to take care of these.
How to apply
If you'd like to find out more about either Kind or this role before you apply, just get in touch and we'll be happy to answer any questions.
Once you're ready to apply, send a CV and any portfolio of your work, to [email protected], along with a brief cover note explaining why you are interested in the role and how your skills and experience align with the job description. Please also include a link to a recent project (professional or personal) that you’re proud of, and tell us why.
If we think you might be a good candidate to join us we’ll arrange an informal interview so that we can find out more about each other. This can be either face-to-face (if you’re nearby) or by phone / Skype.
Depending on the outcome of the first interview, we may invite you to do a test. This can be completed off-site. Candidates who advance past this stage will then be invited to meet us at our offices for an in-person interview and to meet the full Kind team.
No agencies please *
* No, seriously, we mean it. Don’t contact us if you’re a recruiter. Even if you’re different from all the other recruiters. If we want to talk to you, we’ll call you. Thanks.
Sign up to our quarterly broadcast and we’ll send you a mixture of our latest thinking and interesting content from around the web.
By signing up you are consenting for Kind and Campaign Monitor to process your data for the purposes of sending you a quarterly update. We won’t use your email address for anything else.